Petaluma's Inclusive Center for Jewish Life
Our Sisterhood is dedicated to carrying out B'nai Israel Jewish Center's goals of being a welcoming, inclusive center for Jewish life in Petaluma, and addressing and nurturing the cultural, religious, spiritual, educational, and social needs of all those living in the Jewish community. We raise funds to support BIJC through membership dues and activities throughout the year. Sisterhood's goal is to make Judaism meaningful, dynamic and vital for every member of our BIJC family.
Interested in joining? We'd love to meet you.
Contact our Co-Presidents Ellen Lustbader: 707-559-5090 or Nancy Tealdi: 415-794-3223. You do not have to be a BIJC member to be a Sisterhood member. Annual dues are $36.
Sisterhood Sponsors the following:
- Community Seder on the second night of Passover
- Yom Kippur break-the-fast buffet
- Hanukkah Crafts Fair, Gift and Bake Sale
- Gift presentation to Bar/Bat Mitzvah celebrants
- Shabbat Gift Bags to Welcome New Members
- Hand knittd baby blankets for Member's newborns
- Monthly Sisterhood luncheon meetings. (Please check the weekly bulletin for dates, times and details.)
- Monthly Book Club. (Please check the bulletin for dates, time and book.)
- Mahjong Mondays, every week from 12 till 3 p.m.
Sisterhood Gift Shop:
The gift shop, located at B'nai Israel, offers a beautiful selection of gifts. It is open weekdays from 9:15 a.m. to 2 p.m. and by appointment (call 707-765-1926). We are closed on Shabbat and the High Holidays. Gift certificates are available.
May the door of our Sisterhood be wide enough to receive all who hunger for love, all who are lonely for fellowship.
May it welcome all who have cares to unburden, thanks to express, hopes to nurture.
May the door of this Sisterhood be narrow enough to shut out pettiness and pride, envy and enmity.
May its threshold be no stumbling block to young or straying feet.
May it be too high to admit complacency, selfishness, and harshness.
May our sisterhood be, for all who enter, the doorway to a richer and more meaningful life.