Petaluma's Inclusive Center for Jewish Life
BIJC Community Cookbook
We Want YOUR Recipe!
BIJC Sisterhood is collecting recipes for a community cookbook! Proceeds from the sale of this cookbook will benefit both the Sisterhood and Gan Israel Preschool.
We have nine categories that we're looking for:
- Appetizers & Beverages
- Soups & Salads
- Vegetables & Side Dishes
- Main Dishes
- Breads & Rolls
- Cookies & Candies
- Jewish Holidays
- Cooking with Kids (either a good recipe for kids to make on their own, or one developed by a kid)
KEEP IT KOSHER: No shellfish or pork or dairy with meat.
Want to submit your own unique recipe or traditional family recipe to the book? Here's how!
- Go to www.typensave.com
- Login: Click the yellow button on the right-hand side of the screen that says "login." The username is BIJC Sisterhood (please note that BIJC and the S in Sisterhood are in capital letters and there is a space between BIJC and Sisterhood); password is granola074 (all lowercase letters)
- Enter your name and e-mail address. Please be sure to enter your own name. You are the contributor—if someone gave you the recipe and you want to acknowledge that person, enter the name as "additional contributor."
- Click on the "add recipe" button and enter the recipe title. You can also enter a subtitle such as "gluten free."
- Select category: under the recipe title and subtitle there is a drop-down menu with the nine categories listed above (appetizers, main dishes, etc).
- Enter the ingredients. It's most helpful for the editing of this cookbook if we all use the same abbreviations: c = cup; T = tablespoon; t = teaspoon; lb = pound
- Enter the cooking or baking directions. Formatting tip: if you'd like to use the ° symbol (such as "preheat the oven to 350°"), enter the number and then insert the symbol ^ (found over the number 6 on your computer keyboard). When the recipe proofs for you to edit, the degree circle will show up in its place.
- Check to make sure you've entered all the ingredients and then how they are used in the directions. Also reread the directions to make sure you listed all the ingredients.
- When you've edited any errors and made your corrections, click the save button at the top of the page.
- After you've saved, if you realize there's an error you can contact a committee member or the chairperson—they can make corrections for you.
Have fun and share your favorite recipes!
* Note that you can adjust the size of the type if needed at typensave.com to make it easier for you to read. All recipes printed in the book will be formatted to match, so it doesn't matter how it looks when you enter it in the website.
Please be sure to add your recipe no later than February 1, 2019.